We Keep You On Course
Who We Are
We partner with our clients as they grow, enabling you to do what you do best. We guide your company to stay on course when it comes to HR compliance and best practice.
We set up your human resources department and keep it operating.
From onboarding employees, setting up payroll and benefits in a cost-effective way, to employee performance management, we are both strategic and tactical. We are laser-focused on identifying risks and prioritizing the efforts to protect your business and enable growth.
Who We Work With
Our clients range from start-ups to growing small businesses, as well as large organizations for whom we are hired for specific project work. Ad hoc projects include HR audits and developing and delivering Harassment Prevention Training and other custom training.
Meet the Team
In 2012, I launched Taylor HR Group to help growing businesses mitigate risks while getting them set up for growth. I am passionate about the important role that HR should play in any business, but especially for small businesses where the role is often relegated to an administrative function. As an attorney and human resources professional, I saw an opportunity to build a firm that delivers high quality, strategic and hands-on human resources services effectively and efficiently. I am driven to help clients become and stay compliant with relevant state and federal laws as well as HR best practices so that management can focus on the business.
My areas of expertise and primary roles include:
- Acting as a strategic advisor on all HR and employee-related matters;
- Ensuring workplace compliance with state and federal laws;
- Assisting clients in developing and maintaining an accountable and respectful work environment to attract and retain staff and increase productivity;
- Managing employee performance issues, including Performance Improvement Plans and terminations;
- Managing workplace claims from receipt of claim through conducting an internal investigation and disciplining the employees involved;
- Conducting harassment investigations, both for existing clients and as an independent investigator;
- Developing written policies including, but not limited to, employee handbook policies, workplace policies, procedures for Massachusetts and multi-state employers
- Developing and implementing harassment policies (including serving as the Harassment Officer for multiple clients);
- Developing and conducting management training as well as other custom workplace training.
Certified Trainer by Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD): Responding to Accommodation Requests, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); Preventing Workplace Discrimination and Harassment; Conducting Internal Discrimination Complaint Investigations.
Education: B.A. in Political Science from the University of New Hampshire and J.D. from Suffolk University Law School; admitted to practice law in MA and Federal Courts in Massachusetts.
Sachiko Takamura is Taylor HR Group’s lead HR consultant providing outsourced human resources services in both English and Japanese for foreign companies operating in Japan. Her areas of expertise include establishing and maintaining a productive and accountable workplace environment through labor and employee relations, training and learning, recruiting and employee separation process management, employee benefits and wellness programs.
Sachiko specializes in the following human resource services to help companies with operations in Japan:
- Compliance with Japanese labor laws. This includes offer letters, employee contracts, Rules of Employment (Employee Handbook), management-labor agreement and advising on regional labor standards authorities as examples.
- Compliance related to individual labor management: dismissal and voluntary resignation, disciplinary actions, harassment, health, workforce management by employee type (e.g., regular, temporary, contractor)
- Workplace Environment. Mental health management: preventive measures for overwork, countermeasures against mental sickness, handling of mentally ill employees, educational sessions of mental health management, face-to-face counseling, EAP programs, etc.
- Workplace Environment including benefits such as labor insurance, health insurance and pension plans: statutory required social insurance programs, insurance benefits and procedure arrangements.
- Training including teamwork development, effective meeting skills, career analysis, self-development plans and work-life balance as examples.
Sachiko offers over 20 years of human resources experience, she has her BA in Law, Seijo University, Tokyo; MBA from International University in Japan, is a Labor and Social Security Attorney (“Sharoshi” in Japanese) and is a Certified Career Counselor, Industrial Counselor and Health Supervisor. Prior to being an HR Consultant, Sachiko’s career included working for leading international companies including Dow Chemical Japan, Pfizer Japan, Abeam Consulting (formerly Deloitte Thomatsu Consulting) and KPMG Tax Corporation.
Sue Gibson is the point person on the Taylor HR Group team providing outsourced human resources consulting for our clients with operations in the United Kingdom. Sue helps our clients get set up efficiently to expand their operations in the United Kingdom to ensure compliance, to establish and maintain an effective and accountable workplace environment and to train managers and leaders on human resources related topics including hiring and delivering effective performance reviews. As a CIPD qualified professional, Sue works with our clients from day one to set up processes, systems and the culture. She has a wide variety of experience across many industries including hi-tech, education and bio science sectors as well as technical consultancies.
Jennifer works with Taylor HR Group’s clients in the United States. She brings over 25 years of experience to develop and execute training as well as building and maintaining a productive, accountable work environment. Jen’s knowledge covers the complete life-cycle of organizational development including strategy, staffing, benefits, compliance and retention.
Throughout her career, she has managed through periods of rapid company growth, mergers, restructurings and downsizing. She has a unique understanding of building winning teams at companies ranging in size from startups to global corporations.
Jennifer’s experience includes VP of Human Resources at QuickPivot Corporation, HR Director at Standard Life Investments, VP of Human Resources at Brown Brothers Harriman and Manager of Human Resources at State Street Global Advisors. Jennifer received her bachelor’s degree in Communications from Southern New Hampshire University.
Jen helps Taylor HR Group clients establish and maintain an accountable workplace. She brings over 20 years of human resources leadership experience developing customized learning and performance programs. Jen works with our clients to address individual employee performance issues and works closely with managers to improve their skills in setting goals, appraising performance and effectively managing employees against defined goals.
Jen holds a master’s degree in Organizational Development and Human Resources from Johns Hopkins University. She is certified in the Predictive Index and is an experienced practitioner in DiSC Behavioral Assessment and StrengthsFinder 2.0. She has an Associate Certified Coach license from the International Coaching Federation.
We have also built a team of partners who we know and trust to bring their talents to the table for our clients, enabling growth and success. Please contact Megan for a personal introduction to the service providers below:
- Bookkeeping Services – Supporting Strategies North Shore
- Outsourced Marketing Department – For Marketing Matters, LLC
- Payroll Services – ConnectPay
- Process Manuals – Feeling Organized
- Recruiting – King & Bishop
- Technology and Data Security